Pycnogenol®, Arborvitae and Cardiovascular Health
Pycnogenol is the purest form of maritime pine bark extract available, and is the primary active ingredient in Arborvitae’s range of natural supplements.
Cardiovascular Health – Research Abstract
Pycnogenol offers a nutritional approach to safeguard the cardio-vascular system from five major risk factors simultaneously.
Keeping the cardiovascular system healthy is key for maintaining good vitality, physical strength, mental health and for general well being. Vascular function may be at risk because of only few factors beyond our control, such as gender and the normal ageing process. In contrast, there are numerous variable risk factors such as cigarette smoking, obesity, sedentary life-style and the stealth risk factors hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and hyperglycemia.
Pycnogenol as part of a healthier life-style may significantly contribute to the improvement of stealth heart health risk factors, owing to the normalisation of blood pressure and platelet function, improvement of blood lipids as well as blood sugar values. An ever increasing number of clinical studies demonstrate the efficacy of Pycnogenol for keeping cardiovascular health problems at bay. Pycnogenol was investigated in healthy people, individuals with borderline high risk factors but also as an adjunct in people taking prescription medicine for cardiovascular health issues.
Other cardiovascular health benefits covered in the report:
- Pycnogenol improves endothelial function, including cardiovascular patients
- Pycnogenol normalises high blood pressure
- Pycnogenol improves kidney function and CRP-levels in hypertension
- Pycnogenol improves blood pressure and kidney function in diabetes as well as metabolic syndrome
- Pycnogenol is safe for individuals with low pressure
- Pycnogenol normalizes blood platelet activity
- Pycnogenol improves blood lipid profile
Source: Horphag Research